Dead deer in Nan national park died from eating plastic

A deer found dead in the Khun Sathan National Park in Nan has been found to have died from eating plastic.

The deer, a male weighing around 200 kilograms and under 10 years of age believed to have been dead for two days when it was found yesterday, Nov. 25.

An autopsy on the deer uncovered a staggering seven kilograms of plastic in its stomach and organs including coffee sachets, noodle packaging, straws, plastic bags, glove and other items.

The deer was found to have died of gastrointestinal obstruction combined with aging. The body was sent to the Veterinary Research and Development Center in Hang Chat District, Lampang for further study.

Photos: PR Chiang Mai