Drunk man dies in Chiang Rai house fire

A man described as a habitual drunk has died after being burned to death in a house fire in Chiang Rai yesterday, Jan. 29.

The fire broke out in the house in Moo 1 Ban Dai, Mae Sai at around 8:30 a.m.

The deceased, Mr. Sanit Pakkan Kaew, 52 is described as being an alcoholic who was last seen in the house passed out drunk.

By the time emergency services had arrived the fire was too far gone to save both the house and the deceased.

As it typical in the north, a short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire.