10th Death In A Week From Deadly K-Powdered Milk Drug Cocktail

K Powdered Milk Drug

Another man died yesterday in his apartment in Chom Thong district after taking the drug called “k-nom pong” (“k-powdered milk”), raising the death toll from overdoses on the substance up to 10 in a single week.

Pol Lt Col Nopparat Muenwong, inspector of Bang Khun Thian police, said 23-year-old Thanakorn, whose surname was withheld, was found dead by his girlfriend in his condo on Soi Ekachai 32.

Thanakorn worked at a local bar and was familiar with some of the other overdose victims in the area. On Friday, he is believed to have visited a house party in On Nut where it is thought he may have taken the drug which is a mix of stimulants and sedatives which can include diazepam, heroin, ketamine and methamphetamine.

When he arrived back at his condo in the early hours of yesterday, a security guard noticed he looked unwell and helped him to return to his room. It wasn’t until some hours later that his girlfriend visited and found that he had died.

Meanwhile, police at Wat Prayakrai station in Bang Kho Laem district yesterday transferred Kid, 18, a suspected drug peddler, to a prison cell at the Criminal Court.

He was arrested in the Rama III area in Yannawa district after police say they found him selling the drug cocktail to a waitress in Rama III Road, who died from using the cocktail on 1st January. She was the first victim of the k-powered milk overdose.