Annual poison mushroom death toll climbs to two in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai’s annual poison mushroom death toll has climbed to two following news that a man has died after being admitted to Chom Thong District Hospital June 1.

According to the hospital, the unnamed man from Moo 7 Ban Luang presented at the hospital with symptoms including vomitting, nausea and “yellow eyes.”

The man is said to have eaten “white mushrooms” he had picked from a forested area around two kilometers from his home.

The hospital warned the public to be careful when picking wild mushrooms for cooking as the ones collected may be poisonous.

Along with the two deaths, it was reported yesterday that there had been 62 cases of mushroom poisoning in Chiang Mai this year.