Around 130 students hospitalized with food poisoning from San Sai scout camp

There were chaotic scenes at Chiang Mai hospitals yesterday, Jan. 13 after around 130 students were hospitalized with food poisoning gained from a San Sai scout camp.

The students from Montford College in Tha Sala first showed symptoms of food poisoning after eating lunch at the scout camp including diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps.

There was an estimated 400 students at the scout camp at the time. Approx. 79 were taken to San Sai Hospital with a further 50 taken to other Chiang Mai metro area hospitals.

30 doctors and nurses were sent to Ban Chumchit Camp in Mae Faek, San Sai to treat other students who did not require hospitalization.

Mr. Jakarin Sirinthornphum, senior permanent secretary for San Sai District was called in to monitor the situation and was liaising with Chiang Mai Governor Mr. Charoenrit Sanguansat.

All but four of the children had been released from hospital after receiving treatment by late last night.

Details of the food poisoning remain unclear other than a boiled chicken dish with dipping sauce was served to the kids for lunch.

*** สภ.แม่โจ้***ขอรายงานเหตุน่าสนใจเบื้องต้น วันนี้ (13 ม.ค.63) เวลาประมาณ 17.30 น. ศูนย์วิทยุ สภ.แม่โจ้…

Posted by สถานีตำรวจภูธรแม่โจ้ จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ on Monday, January 13, 2020

Photo: Mae Jo Police