Chiang Mai COVID-19 Patients Cleared To Go Home

Field Hospital Chiang Mai

40 people have recovered from COVID-19 in Chiang Mai and were cleared to go home, according to the province’s public health office yesterday.

Although the group has been discharged from the field hospitals they were staying in, they will still need to observe self-quarantine at home as a precaution against infections, the office said.

While the group was released from government care, new COVID-19 patients checked in at Chiang Mai International Exhibition and Convention Centre, which has been transformed into a field hospital.

Meanwhile, Payap University and McCormick Hospital came together to open a “hospitel” with 250 beds, which began accepting patients yesterday.

Acting rector of the university, Apicha Insuwan, and McCormick Hospital director, Manot Laowong, yesterday took the deputy chief of Chiang Mai’s public health office, as well as officers from the Department of Health and Department of Health Service Support to inspect the hospitel’s hygiene and sanitation standards.

The hospitel, they said, is currently only accepting those patients who have been treated at a field hospital for over a week.

The facility’s 24 deluxe rooms, which feature king-size beds, cost 2,000 baht a night, while a night in its superior rooms, which feature twin beds, costs 2,400 baht a night. He said it also has 89 standard rooms kitted with twin beds, which are priced at 2,000 baht a night.

The number of daily new cases in the province fell to 116 yesterday, the province’s health authorities said, bringing the total number of infections throughout the third wave to 2,349 to date.

Separately, an official of the Central Institute of Forensic Medicine has tested positive for COVID-19, prompting the closure of the one-stop-service office for five days to prevent the virus from spreading further, CIFS director Pol Lt Col Songsak Raksaksakul said yesterday.

The CIFS director said the infected official is currently being treated by the Nonthaburi public health office.

The one-stop office has been sprayed with disinfectant and will be closed until 23rd April, he said.

Pol Lt Col Raksaksakul said officials who had been in close contact with the patient have been placed in home quarantine for 15 days, adding some CIFS officials have also been instructed to work from home as a precautionary measure.