Dogs saved as fire guts home in Wat Ket

Two dogs were saved after a fire broke out and gutted a home in Wat Ket last night Dec. 19.

The fire broke out in the home in the Ban Tha Sathoi area near the San Pa Khoi market and Fort Kawila at around 8:50 p.m.

The owner of the home, Ms. Pim Aphinya Sirichaiton, 55 was away from the house attending a funeral at the time the fire broke out but was quick to the scene after being contacted by her neighbors. She was particularly distraught as her two dogs were in the home but fortunately, the dogs, known as Oan (fat) and Jim were rescued without injury.

A local man who was assisting at the scene was not so lucky suffering minor burns to one of his hands.

11 fire engines were called to the scene taking one hour to bring the fire under control. Two neighboring houses also suffered minor damage.

A short circuit is believed to have started the fire.


Posted by กลุ่มงานจราจร ตำรวจภูธรจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ on Thursday, December 19, 2019

Photo: Daily News