Fire and explosion damages shophouse in Wat Ket

A fire and explosion at a shophouse in Wat Ket last night caused some damage to goods at the scene.

The fire broke out in the shop house, used to repair motorcycles near the Chiang Mai Railway Station at around 6:40 p.m.

A short circuit is believed to have sparked a small nitrogen tank to explode while also igniting a fire.

The fire itself wasn’t that large with locals and firefighters able to bring it quickly under control. The owner of the shophouse, Mr. Prasit Sripha, 58 was not injured.

The Office of the Insurance Commission, Chiang Mai is said to be investigating.

เมื่อเวลา18.40น. วันที่15ธันวาคม2562 อส.ปภ.เชียงใหม่717 ออกตรวจสอบเหตุเพลิงไหม้บ้าน ภายในชุมชนรถไฟ ท้องที่ สภ.แม่ปิง…

Posted by อส.ปภ. เชียงใหม่ on Sunday, December 15, 2019

Photo: Chiang Mai Rescue