A home was destroyed by fire in Phayao yesterday, Sept. 8 with damage estimated to be over one million baht.
The home caught fire at around 8:30 a.m. in Moo 1 Pa Sang, Dok Kham Tai District with emergency services quickly to the scene.
The fire took around 30 minutes to bring under control but not quick enough to save the house itself which was entirely gutted.
The homeowner, Mr. Charoen Somsri, 76 was in a rice field at the time the fire started and was uninjured. Fortunately, he was able to bring a car out of the garage of the house before the fire spread.
As with nearly every single building fire in the north, a short circuit is expected to be the cause.
Photos: Phayao Rescue Association