Fire destroys house owned by grandmother in Mae Wang

A house owned by a grandmother was destroyed by fire in Mae Wang yesterday, Oct. 20. causing around 100,000 baht in damage.

The fire broke out in the home in Moo 4 Don Pao at around 9:30 a.m.

Emergency services were quick to the scene including three water trucks but unfortunately took 40 minutes to bring the fire under control. The house, which was notably teak adding to the intensity of the fire was completely gutted.

The owner of the house, Mrs. Phen Tanjai, 64 was not at home when the fire broke out. A 12-year-old granddaughter of Mrs. Tanjai was asleep in the house when the fire broke out but managed to escape and alert neighbors to the fire.

A short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire with the wiring in the now-former house said to be old and possibly damaged.

Photo: Chiang Mai News