An older-style teak house was destroyed by fire in Mae On Saturday night, July 13.
The fire broke out in the house located near Ban Mae Tao Din in Moo 4 Huay Kaew just before midnight.
Firefighters were quick to the scene but took 30 minutes to extinguish the fire due to the wooden nature of the house. Estimated damage is 1.7 million baht
The owner of the house, Mr. Somsak Suphayai, 62 said he heard a loud noise on the top floor of the home at about time the house caught fire, suggesting that the fire may have been, like nearly every other house fire in the north, was caused by a short circuit.