House gutted by fire in Lamphun

A house has been gutted and virtually destroyed after a fire broke out in Lamphun yesterday, Feb. 4.

The fire broke out in the house in Moo 2 Tambon Thung Hua Chang, Thung Hua Chang District at around 12:30 p.m.

Emergency services with support from villagers were quick to the scene and managed to bring the fire under control but not before the only thing left of the house was its front landing as well as its charred timber frame.

The owner of the house, Mr. Boon Yang Panya Kham, 68 and his wife were gardening at the time the fire started and were not injured.

As is regular in the north, a short circuit is suspected to be the cause.

Notably, the local branch of the Red Cross along with villagers helped raise money for the couple the same day as the house was not insured.

Photo: CMPrice