The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will allow sports tournaments and beauty contests this year but disease control measures will be applied, including 14-day quarantine.
CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said authorities have proved efficient at COVID-19 control at three international badminton tournaments this month.
However, COVID-19 controls will apply, including distancing, mask-wearing, hand washing, tracing and 14-day quarantine for participants from other countries.
All participants must be tested for COVID-19. Organisers must create a closed environment, or “bubble”, to prevent any disease from spreading.
No spectators would be allowed, but the COVID-19 situation may change later, Dr Visanuyothin said.
The green light was given for:
- Thai League football tournament from 31st January to April
- Thailand League volleyball tournament from 13th February to 11th April
- Local and international cycling tournaments from February to November
- Miss Grand International beauty pageant from 1st – 28th March
- LPGA golf tournament in Chon Buri province on 3rd – 9th May