Mae Hia home damaged in fire started by Loy Krathong pot lanterns

A home in Mae Hia suffered damage last night, Nov. 11 after unsupervised pot lanterns lit for Loy Krathong started a fire.

The fire broke out in the home in Moo 7 Mae Hia at around 7:20 p.m.

The homeowner said that before the incident he had lit a number of pot lanterns (a form of candle) in the home for Loy Krathong before leaving to do errands. After returning home he found the garage of his home on fire.

Three fire engines attended the scene and took 20 minutes to bring the fire under control.

It’s believed the lanterns sparked flammable material in the home. The value of the damage is still being assessed but per pictures from the scene, the garage was destroyed while there was some damage to the home itself.

เมื่อเวลา 19.20 น. วันที่ 11 พฤศจิกายน 2562 รับแจ้งเหตุเพลิงไหม้บ้าน…

Posted by อส.ปภ. เชียงใหม่ on Monday, November 11, 2019

Photo: Chiang Mai DPMV