One injured as fire rips through shophouses in Fa Ham

One man was injured as a fire spread through two shophouses in Fa Ham yesterday.

The fire broke out in the shophouses at around 2:50 p.m. in Moo 3.

The injured man, Mr. Anucha Sittipol, 33 (pictured) suffered burns to his arm while attempting to put out the fire.

Both shop houses were described as seriously damaged.

According to Thai language media, the fire started due to a short circuit. In a bizarre twist, Mr. Sittipol said he had disabled a safety switch circuit breaker in the house as he had believed it was faulty as it kept triggering, turning off the electricity.

He went on to note that he found the safety switch “annoying.”

เวลา 14.40 น. มูลนิธิรวมใจเชียงใหม่ รับแจ้งเหตุเพลิงไหม้บ้าน ซอยข้างวัดลังกา เบื้องต้นนำผู้บาดเจ็บชาย 1 รายส่ง รพ.

Posted by มูลนิธิรวมใจ อปพร.อ.เมืองเชียงใหม่ on Monday, April 8, 2019