There were reports of traffic delays during peak hour this morning, March 26 as Chiang Mai Province started to roll out coronavirus screening on major roads.
As of the time of writing, there were six checkpoints deployed (see map above) with two in the metropolitan area
- Outside the PTT in Saraphi on the Superhighway (Highway 11)
- Outside the Doi Saket Police Station on Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai Road (Highway 118) in Choeng Doi, Doi Saket
- Saen Suk Box in Tha Ton, Mae Ai on Highway 1089
- Highway Police box in Hot District on Highway 108
- Ban Rai Police Box in Chiang Mai – Fang Road (Highway 107) in Mae Taeng
- Tha Dee Sentinel Box in Doi Tao District on Highway 1103
Traffic on Chiang Mai – Lamphun Road (Highway 106) and the Railway Road in Saraphi is being diverted to the Superhighway for motorists to be checked.
Given an order made by the Thai Government yesterday, March 25 commanding provinces to deploy checkpoints at borders between provinces through to the end of April, these checkpoints are likely the first of more to come.
Posted by กลุ่มงานจราจร ตำรวจภูธรจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ on Wednesday, March 25, 2020