Two men have died from electrocution after the tent they were setting up at a funeral hit power lines in Mae Taeng yesterday, Jan. 28.
The accident occurred in Ban Pong, Moo 7 Inthakhin at around 5:30 p.m.
The two deceased men, Mr. Suthee Srisupap, 38 and Mr. In Som or “Bor” Puttima, 50 were setting up a tent for a funeral for a local grandmother who had died when the steel support poles strike the power lines above them, electrocuting them.
Attempts were made to revive the men with one of the two dying on the way to hospital.
Police are investigating but it is believed to have simply been a tragic accident.
Photo: Chiang Mai News/Guru Chiang Mai