Two injured as fire damages building in Lamphun Wat

Two people have been injured after a fire has caused damage to a building within the grounds of a Wat in Lamphun last night, Jan. 27.

The fire broke out in the building at Wat Kuti Pa Tung in Moo 12 Mueang Chi, Mueang Lamphun at around 10:15 p.m.

Two people were in the building, which appeared to be a small accommodation unit at the time the fire broke out – a monk and a woman.

Both were taken to Lamphun Hospital.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a short circuit with the damage bill estimated to be 50,000 baht.