The government has allowed for foreigners who are staying in Thailand (temporarily) to stay in the country until 26th September 2020.
- Those with short-term visas (TR, TS, VOA) and do not have a stamp, need to prepare themselves to leave the country by the 26th of September 2020, unless the following occurs:
1.1 Sickness or Disease
– They will need to bring a medical certificate to the local immigration office.
1.2 An unexpected emergencies; such as no flights or another disease outbreak
– If this occurs, they must contact their country’s embassy or consulate in order to receive a letter or documentation and bring that letter/document to the immigration office, which will allow them to stay in the country no more than 30 days at a time.
- Those with long-term visas can stay according to the reason for their stay and according to their visa type.
Remarks: You can apply for an extension at their local immigration office from 1st August– 26th September 2020. The duration of the extension will start from the 27th of September 2020 onwards.
- Every 90 days, foreigners need to report the address where they are staying.
– They can start reporting the address of where they have been staying since the 26th of March 2020 until the present, at the designated place from 1st-30th August 2020.