Fire caused by unattended candle damages building in Saraphi wat

A fire started by an unattended candle caused serious damage to a building in the grounds of Wat Chiang Khang in Saraphi yesterday evening (July 31).

The fire started in a two-story building used for merit making and storage in Moo 7 Chai Satham sub-district at 8:30 p.m. with emergency service workers called to the scene taking one hour to bring the blaze under control.

There was no one inside the building at the time the fire broke out and hence nobody was injured.

The damage bill for the fire is estimated to be around 200,000 baht.