Fire damages recycling center in Nan

A second-hand goods/ recycling store in Nan has been severely damaged after a fire broke out yesterday Sept. 16.

The store, described as an “antique shop” in Thai language media but looking much more like a junk recycling store, located in Baan Suan Tan, Mueang Nan caught fire at around 1:20 p.m. with emergency services quickly on the scene.

The fire itself damaged the main building in the complex and took 30 minutes to be put out.

Authorities believe the fire started due to a short circuit in the building.