House destroyed in Saraphi fire

A house has been completely destroyed in a fire in Saraphi last night, Jan. 31.

The fire was first detected at around 10:30 p.m. at the house in Moo 5 Yang Noeng.

According to the homeowner, Mr. Pran Thong Sawangthong, 57, he woke to find the house on fire.

Unlike most fires in the north, a short circuit has not been blamed but a candle instead. The home did not have electricity connected with Mr. Sawangthong saying that he used candles for lighting.

It took emergency services workers around 10 minutes to put the fire out but they that stage the damage had been done.