A house with 12 residents has been destroyed after it caught fire in Nan yesterday, May 19.
The fire broke out at the house in Ban Suan Lang Tai, Tambon Nai Wiang, Mueang Nan at around 2:30 p.m.
According to reports, the residents of the house heard a large “crack” noise before spotting smoke and flames. The eight children and four adults living in the house were quick to flee.
Emergencies services took two hours to bring the fire under control due to its construction and the amount of flammable material at the site.
Along with the house being destroyed, a vehicle was also damaged along with a number of children’s bikes. Damaged is estimated to be nearly 1 million baht.
As is usual in the north, a short circuit is suspected to have started the fire but it was noted it hit 42c in Nan yesterday, not exactly assisting efforts to put out the fire.