Short circuit causes fire at Phayao Hospital

Several rooms and equipment were damaged in Phayao Hospital yesterday evening, July 17, following a fire believed to have been caused by a short circuit.

The fire started in a fourth-floor room on the south side of the building that is said to have been used for record keeping and research. Six emergency services vehicles including fire engines were called to the scene to assist to put out the fire as well as to assist in evacuating patients.

Fortunately, no one was injured with fire being bought under control in approximately 40 minutes. The damaged section aside the hospital was able to resume regular operations.

Police are investigating the matter.