Village hall damaged by fire in Nan

A village hall in Nan Province has been severely damaged after a fire broke out in the building yesterday, March 25.

The hall, located in Moo 5, Na Rai Luang, Song Khwae District, caught fire at around 5:45 p.m.

Local residents quickly volunteered to help fight the fire before Royal Thai Army troops and emergency services workers from the Department of Prevention and Relief Na Rai Luang Subdistrict Administrative Organization arrived at the scene.

The fire took around 30 minutes to bring under control.

As is usual in the north, a short circuit is suspected to have been the cause of the fire.